Oct 24, 2018
"In order to learn more...you have to become uncomfortable. You have to get out of your comfort zone! You have to get out there and talk to people".
Peter Rehm is our first returning guest on the podcast and describes himself as "a CPA who is also a technologically-orientated blockchainer". In the last week of Cyber Security Awareness Month in the USA and CyberSec Month in the EU, he talks to London-based AICPA & CIMA staffer Kyle Hannan about why people and companies may want to be paid in cryptocurrency.
Peter Rehm is based in Atlanta and is a CPA who has presented with the AICPA on blockchain and supply chain. He’s part of an Atlanta-based 3000-member Blockchain community called TAB (The Atlanta Blockchain. See https://www.linkedin.com/in/blockchaincpaexpert
* Why Atlanta, in Georgia, is a pivotal centre of the online transactional economy.
* Why professionals are looking at CC in a different way to most of the rest of us.
* How a finance professional sees cryptocurrency (CC).
* Good practices when being offered payment in CC.
* The most important things to implement when you’re going to hold cryptocurrency.
* The size of the global cryptocurrency economy.
* The most common forms of crypto security, including 'hardware' wallets, 'hot' and 'cold' wallets, 'crypto steel', "multi-sig" wallets and more.
* Common cryptosecurity pitfalls and how to avoid them.
RESOURCES WE MENTION:
* Skill up with our AICPA COSO Enterprise Risk-Management Certificate Programme.
* In London later this year? Come along to our AICPA & CIMA CyberSecurity Europe conference on the 11th and 12th December.
* Find out more about the crypto economy at www.MarketCap.com.
* Consult the Vocabulary tab at www.bitcoin.org.
* Get the inside track from Jameson Lopp at www.lopp. net.
== MORE ABOUT OUR PODCAST ==
It's recorded by a growing team of AICPA & CIMA staff from offices across the world.
DON'T MISS OUT. Get the latest show every week, automatically and free, at https://www.aicpa-cima.com/disruption.html. Share it easily with colleagues and friends by using the icons on the media player.
STAY CONNECTED. Follow #GoBeyondDisruption, @AICPANews and @CIMA_News on social."
©2018 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA & CIMA). All rights reserved