Jul 24, 2019
"Imagine being THAT type of accountant or bookkeeper. How often do you think they would be trying to replace you?...because the relationship is so solid!"
GBD68. Director of the Financial Gym, author and speaker Georgette Rowland Osborne, is a former financial sector IT outsourcing contract-manager who specialised in working with leading UK financial institutions. Now author of the book “Firmer Figures, Fess Up or Mess Up”, she reveals how today's finance professionals can develop the skills of 'client-whispering' and digital 'bridge-building' to deepen their relationships with their clients. The result: they become irreplaceable even as everything around them is becoming just another commodity.
How did you discover our podcast, where do you listen, and what would you like to hear more of? Finance pro or not, we'd love to know what you think. Email us here.
* You can't add value and become a better partner to your clients until you understand them and their REAL business situation.
* What do you need to know when advising non-digital clients to leave pen and paper behind? (Do they even HAVE a scanner?).
* What does this mean in practice? Where does the typical small business start on their journey to the cloud?
* The importance and techniques of 'discovery' conversations.
Author, speaker and financial independence-advocate Georgette Rowland Osborne entered the cut-throat world of IT and Finance in London when it was not the easiest place for females, let alone one from an ethnic minority. She became manager of a bespoke IT outsourcing company in the City and specialised in dealing with banks. Her clients included the Bank of England, Merrill Lynch, NM Rothschild, NatWest Bank, Ministry of Defence and the Inland Revenue. Connect with her on LinkedIn.
* Discover our 3-part "Human Intelligence" Learning Programme
* See our CGMA Store for more on this topic.
* Visit our guest's website at Financial Gym For Business
MORE ABOUT OUR PODCAST.
The Voices. These conversations with expert guests are recorded by different members of the AICPA & CIMA team from our offices around the world. While the sound quality may vary, the insights will always be consistently useful.
Hear more. Get our shows every week automatically and free. Share them easily with colleagues and friends by using the icons on your app or media player.
Share: Know someone who'd enjoy this topic? Click on these links to share this episode with colleagues and friends.
©2019 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA & CIMA). All rights reserved.