Nov 13, 2019
"What's the connection between the Roman Empire, the Oscars, bubble gum and The Bible?"
(#85). A special, bite-sized episode looking back at why November 10th is International Accounting Day.
* Why is this date so important?
* How did the profession develop since ancient times to what it is today?
* Who was Luca Pacioli and why is he often called 'The Father of Accounting"?
* Read about Pacioli's work on Wikipedia.
* Discover Dr. Martin Farrar's brief history of accounting.
* Watch the videos on our special "Why I Became An Accountant" page.
MORE ABOUT OUR PODCAST.
The Voices. These conversations with expert guests are recorded by different members of the AICPA & CIMA team from our offices around the world. While the sound quality may vary, the insights will always be consistently useful.
Hear more. Get our shows every week automatically and free. Share them easily with colleagues and friends by using the icons on your app or media player.
Skill Up. Find related CPD/CPE resources at the AICPA Store and the CGMA Store.
Connect. #GoBeyondDisruption @AICPANews @CIMA_News
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK.
Know someone who'd enjoy this topic? Click on these links to share this episode with colleagues and friends.
* Recommend it to your LinkedIn connections.
* Send to Twitter.
* Auto-share on your Facebook page.
* Let someone know via email.
©2019 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA & CIMA)