Jun 19, 2019
"It's important to learn how to say 'no' if you want to thrive...You need to be able to focus on what's essential to YOU and block out all the noise".
GBD63 In this Human Intelligence-focused episode, returning guest Regan Walsh shares more insights from her work as an executive and life coach. She talks to Jennifer Gardner (AICPA & CIMA, USA) about the professional benefits of one of the shortest words in the English language. Understanding and using 'no' can sound like putting yourself first but actually ends up helping you, your colleagues, your company and your career.
* Why it's so hard to say "no".
* How saying "No" impacts one's career.
* Communicating it without having to say it.
* Different ways of saying it to your boss, your colleagues - and your clients.
* Fighting the need to be a 'pleaser'.
* Saying "no" to the idea, not the person.
* How to say "yes" to the right things.
Executive and Life Coach Regan Walsh is a returning guest to this podcast series. Featured in Harvard Business Review, Forbes and Fast Company, she helps clients shed the “shoulds” in their lives, eliminating the non-essential to free up time to thrive. Regan previously spent 15 years working in corporate, nonprofit, and creative agencies. Connect with her on LinkedIn here.
* The AICPA resource page on Work/Life Balance.
* CIMA Master Course on Workload Management for Busy Finance Professionals (London, 2018 and 2019)
* Read our review of "Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less" by Greg McKeown in 5 Books All Young CPAs Should Read.
* The Life Wheel (as recommended by our guest)
* Regan Walsh on Forbes.com and at www.reganwalsh.com
MORE ABOUT OUR PODCAST.
These conversations with expert guests are recorded by different members of the AICPA & CIMA team from our offices around the world. While the sound quality may vary, the insights will always be consistently useful.
Hear more. Get our shows every week automatically and free. Share them easily with colleagues and friends by using the icons on your app or media player.
Skill Up. Find related CPD/CPE resources at the AICPA Store and the CGMA Store.
Connect. #GoBeyondDisruption @AICPANews @CIMA_News
©2019 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA & CIMA). All rights reserved.