Dec 4, 2019
(#88). Steven A. Menges (AICPA & CIMA, CPA.com New York) presents this special compilation of interviews from CPA.com's new "Modernising Your Practice" audio and content series. There's plenty of international relevance in this in-depth collection of best practices from the US accounting profession. Ellen Goria, (Associate Director – Global Professional Ethics at the AICPA’s Professional Ethics Division) discusses the hot topic of firms offering technology services in addition to audit and other assurance services. Plus, Stan Sterna, JD from Aon and Sarah Ference from CNA discuss challenges (and insights) around liability risk in engagement letters. Stan then discusses privity in third party audit claims, including reasons a firm may face a lawsuit in this area, and tips to decrease firm risk and limit liability.
Hear and share the individual interviews at CPA.com/MYP.
How did you discover our podcast, where do you listen, and what would you like to hear more of? Finance pro or not, we'd love to know what you think. Email us here.
· Ellen Goria, Associate Director of Global Professional Ethics at the AICPA’s Professional Ethics Division
· Sarah Ference, CPA, Risk Control Director, Accountants Professional Liability, CNA
· Stan Sterna, JD, Vice President, Aon Insurance Services, Professional Firms
1) Hosting Services Interpretation, Portals and More – A Discussion. (Ellen Goria interviewed by Steven A. Menges, Product Team – Assurance, CPA.com)
2) Engagement Letters: Foundational Best Practices. (Stan Sterna, JD from Aon and Sarah Ference from CNA. Interviewed by Matt Towers, Product Lead – Assurance, CPA.com )
3) Privity in Third-party Audit Claims. (Stan Sterna, JD from Aon interviewed by Matt Towers).
AICPA & CIMA and other guidance or explanatory content on the topics discussed in this episode:
ABOUT OUR PODCAST
The Voices. These conversations with expert guests are recorded by different members of the AICPA & CIMA team from our offices around the world. While the sound quality may vary, the insights will always be consistently useful.
Hear more. Get our shows every week automatically and free. Share them easily with colleagues and friends by using the icons on your app or media player.
Connect. #GoBeyondDisruption @AICPANews @CIMA_News
SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORK.
Know someone who'd enjoy this topic? Click on these links to share this episode with colleagues and friends.
Recommend it to your LinkedIn connections.
©2019 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA & CIMA)